PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Two-Tone) - brand new leather couch

piele1
02-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Hello leather experts,

I got a brand new leather couch --> http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=C955B-S&navAction=jump&navCount=3
and I noticed a little defect right after delivery.

I am not happy with this and still contemplating on returning it,but before I do that I wish to know if it's an easy fix.
According to the store, it's semi-aniline leather but can someone tell if that is true or not just by looking at the pictures?

Thanks.

Roger Koh
02-12-2014, 03:02 PM
>>> I wish to know if it's an easy fix.

The fix is done in the following sequence:
1.] Adhesor-73 is first used to seal and smoothen the abraded spots.
2.] Micro-54 is used for color touch-up and may require a black and a maroon to produce a match.
3.] MicroTop-54(S) satin may be a close match to seal the color and impart the desired luster.
4.] Protector-B+ helps reduce surface wear.
Products mentioned is found in this link from the Advance Search button: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

>>> it's semi-aniline leather but can someone tell if that is true or not just by looking at the pictures?

Semi-aniline leathers have all the qualities of aniline leather but also have a light micro-pigment finish and topcoat applied. This additional micro-pigment finish and topcoat increase UV light and water resistance. Micro-pigment is applying finely grounded pigment finish to aniline leathers to even out the difference in color absorbency intensity. Full-grain leathers that are colored with transparent aniline dyes and are micro-pigmented are classified as semi-aniline.

Pictures posted show that the leather is embossed rather than from a natural full-grain or pebble soft grain leather. With all the qualities of an aniline leather would mean that the entire leather thickness is dye through close to the grain micro-pigment coloring, thus making any abrasion or skin damages less noticeable.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com