PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ford King Ranch leather seat – butter stain!

Dreabb
08-28-2013, 04:11 PM
I have a 2007 KR. Unbeknownst to me there was a pat of butter in a bag that melted on my seat today. : ( I am totally bummed!!
I have looked at the site to see which kit would be best but I am unsure which one I need to begin working on this stain asap.
I need to deal with the stain and then would like a general care kit for future.

Thank you
Dreabb

Roger Koh
08-29-2013, 01:56 AM
Please have some pictures to see the condition of the leather finishes as well.

You will need Kit A3 for general care and in this particular incident you will need add-on to the kit with: Degreaser-2.2 and Eraser-4 to remove the penetrated grease and probably Topcoat-21G to restore potential topcoat damages during deep degreasing.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant

Product information:

Leather Doctor Kit A3 – Aniline Leather Care Kit

Leather Doctor® Kit A3, aniline leather care kit is an innovative leather-safe (pH 3 - 5) system designed for keeping leathers at their highest level of appearance, maintaining its pH chemistry integrity, enhancing their suppleness and prevents premature ageing. Leathers that faced the sun, closed to fireplace and heaters dries out the fat and oil that keeps it supple sooner than the non-heat exposed areas. The diminishing of the fat and oil through evaporation results in the leather fibers being stick closer together that results in stiffness and when flexed during used will lead to cracks. Periodic use of Hydrator-3.3 to plumps the stick together fibers prior to fat and oil replenishing with Fatliquor-5.0 will keep the leather supple and strong. Thus, reduce the premature ageing of the leather against stiffness and cracking. The surface wear of the leather is greatly reduced with friction noise reduction. This is preventable with a rub-resistant Protector-B+ that imparts a natural buttery-feel. Periodic cleaning and rinsing with Cleaner-3.8 follows by Rinse-3.0 to the bare body contact areas like headrest and armrest helps reduce greasy soiling build-up. Restorative cleaning and occasional dye stains removal from new blue jeans is accomplished with Prep-4.4. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this leather-safe holistic care system.

Leather Doctor Degreaser-2.2
Leather Doctor® Degreaser-2.2 is a pH 2.2 leather-safe waterbased degreaser with dye bleeding control. It is design for degreasing leather of penetrated oil, grease and sweat stains from skin, and hair contact, especially the headrest and armrest of upholstery, collar and cuffs of garment, handles of bag including steering wheel. It works best in conjunction with Rinse-3.0 to rinse emulsified soiling or Acidifier-2.0 for rinsing, bleeding control and pH balancing sweaty contamination from leather denaturing into rawhide. This universal leather degreaser is for all leather types including the common pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck and suede.

Leather Eraser-4
Leather Eraser-4 is a 2½ x 2¼ x ¾ inch foam rubber sponge block with a crepe side for effective dry/wet soil removal.

Leather Doctor AnilineTop-21

AnilineTop-21G, gloss luster is the most commonly used for aniline leathers and is the strongest among the range. This is a waterbased polyurethane topcoat that is lightfast and non-yellowing. It has excellent flow and leveling properties, recoatable and forms a flexible film coat that gives good performing results from friction wear. Matching non-stick, rub-resistant protection is to use the buttery-feel leather-scented Protector-B+ or the scentless Protector-B.