PDA

View Full Version : YSL - Patent Leather - How to clean?

key of restoration
07-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi, i facing a problem which i don't ready know the matrial make of. Cam tell me how:confused:

Thank
By gary lim

Roger Koh
07-23-2013, 09:13 AM
This is “Patent” leather with a plastic coating.

It may look simple to clean as the leather finishes is non-absorbent, however, somehow, the stains penetrates into the finishes.

There is no proven success so far, for this particular finish type to remove penetrated stains that I can show you.

Roger
www.LeatherDoctor.com

key of restoration
07-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Roger,thank for your information .
By the way do you provide video training.

And i would like to know can i dye the YSL purse ?

Roger Koh
07-23-2013, 07:51 PM
>>>By the way do you provide video training.

I do provide hands-on training based on these four training kits you see in this thread:
http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com/forum/showthread.php?7271-Leather-Cleaning-amp-Restoration-Training-Kits-(4)

>>>And i would like to know can i dye the YSL purse ?

You have three types of color refinishing to choose from, using a) transparent, b) translucent or c) opaque coloring.

I would prefer to use the transparent dyestuff for this project, that will give the best result in terms of the gloss luster.

The refinishing system would require a) Adhesor-73, b) Aniline-76 and c) AnilineTop-76G.

Preparation Cleaning is done with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0 with help of horsehair brushes for cleaning the stitching and logo, Eraser-4 will be for the smooth surface.

A non-stick, rub-resistance protection is to use Protector-B+.

You may view these mentioned products from the on-line store www.LeatherDoctor.com

Let me know if you need more details.

Roger

Note:
You would require a Paasche airbrush to do fine finishing with air-pressure between 80-100psi constant air supply.

key of restoration
08-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi ,roger i have send email yesterday did you receive ? I need help :( I ancounter hand bag problem.

:rolleyes:Reg :Gary lim

Roger Koh
08-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Gary,

Post to a new thread and I will help form there.

Roger