PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Lexus RX350 with blue jeans dye stains - Is there any way to remove the remaining color and any way to prevent this in the future?

Questions!
05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I have a lexus with very light leather.
The color from my blue jeans seems to transfer to the seats.
Someone told me you make a product that will help with this problem.
Please advise.
Attached are pictures all of the same spot after cleaning with the chemical guys leather cleaner pH balanced liquid soap.
This is the side of the front passenger’s seat in a 2012 Lexus RX350
As you can see, I was able to remove most of the color but not all.
Is there any way to remove the remaining color and any way to prevent this in the future?

Roger Koh
05-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Typically blue jean dye stains are easily removed from relatively new finishes.
Over cleaning may remove or weaken the Topcoating our naked eyes cannot detect, thus allowing the stains to migrate further into the finishes making further removal much more difficult than left untouched. Unknown proven products may further impede removal by depositing a film of scum when soap is used.

Solution to the problem is first by using the penetrating, lubricating and suspending power of Prep-7.7. This is simply apply let it dwell with a paper towel over it saturated to hold the Prep-7.7 from streaking. A cling wrapper can hold the paper towel in place and leave it overnight. Thereafter Cleaner-3.8 is sprayed and horsehair agitates to remove the suspended stain and sticky residue as the same time. When the stain is clear, rinse-free all remaining residue to a squeaky feel. Inspect when dry if the Prep-7.7 treatment need repeated. The second treatment if necessary may take up to another 72 hours in place of agitation to do its work safely. Very unlikely you will need Bleach-9.9 as booster in this situation.

When inspection proves with no traces of stain is visible, topcoat refinishing seal the original color coat for a more durable wear.

A buttery-feel, non-stick, rub-resistant protection will reduce future staining occurrence. A way to test is to rub your fingers against the leather and squeaky noises accelerate staining rubs; it will also wear the finishes as well. A noiseless test rub with fingers will reduces friction staining and finishes wear. This simple test will also determine how often you need this non-stick, rub-resistant protection.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit Ap7.di

Roger Koh
[email protected]